Saturday, May 17, 2008

Our Busy Saturday

Today was crazy. We planted our summer garden, Matthew had Aikido, Thomas went to a birthday party and we took the kids to the drive-in with my sister's family. Thomas is my so not shy child. He was very clearly let me know that he could handle the party on his own. It was 3 hours long and I had to leave 2X to take and pick Matthew up from Aikido. The highlight of the party for Thomas was the pony rides. He waited patiently in line for a few turns and then when they were serving cake and opening presents he dashed back to the ponies for more rides. He turned down birthday cake to have the ponies all to himself. I have a picture on my phone I will try to upload. We met my sister at the driving... probably one of the last in the US. My kids were so excited. Thomas even willingly took a nap. We got there about 8pm ate chicken and ran around. They did really well for the 1st hour but I have decided that we need to wait a few more years to try again with all of them. I may tsil gate the drive in with my sister again, but just with my older ones! I have to say that it did bring back a lot of fond memories.

No comments: