Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Grandma and Grandpa











My sister Autumn had major surgery this month so my parents came to help her family for a couple of weeks. Their visit was well timed for us because Abigail had a piano recital on 5/17/07 which they were able to attend and then we had a grandparents date on 5/18/07. Before I get started on the dates I have to say Abigail did a fantastic job on her two pieces...she practiced faithfully and it paid off. She was not only prepared and posed but she one 1st place for minutes practised and technique/theory passed. She has an ear for music and us doing quite well especially for being only 61/2. Back to the dates... 7 months ago, the morning after I delivered David, Abigail's school called asking if she could accept tickets for the Heber City Train. Apparently she had won them for finishing Septembers reading. Of course I said yes. Then I forgot all about them until I ran across them while filing. I thought this would be the perfect date for my dad and boys. Matthew because he loves to do anything with my dad and Thomas because he loves trains! The kid gets excited when I drive over train tracks. Only problem is there Abigail's tickets. So the grand plan is made that she gives the boys the tickets and she has a one on one date with grandma. Quicker than you can say problem solved she hands over the tickets. Abigail loves my mom...I think part of it is all the girlie things they do and part of it is that I am always rushing and my mom physically can't...they get to take their time. Off I went with my dad and boys...we had a great time. We walked between the cars and in the caboose the boys could climb up and look out. We saw fish hawks, llamas, as well as horses, cows, and the countryside. The train ride lasted 90 minutes and it is 90 minute round trip to Heber. My mom and Abigail spent their 3 hours shopping (at one store). Abigail felt very grown up because on Thursday I took her to the bank and she withdrew $20.00 that she could spend anyway she wants. She bought a nightgown. My parents our my children's only living grandparents and I hope that we are creating happy memories for both generations.

No comments: